Wednesday, February 15, 2012

27 weeks with baby Logan

So I am currently 27 weeks and 5 days.  In my second trimester.  I have 87 more days to go.  Which when you think about it is not very long at all.  Before I know it I am going to be going to the doctor like every week.  Which is very exciting!
The information I have on my phone app says that Logan should be 14.5 in, or the size of a cauliflower.  He should weight 2lb.  Our little pnut is growing so quickly now.  It feels like yesterday when I found out I was pregnant.
It says that this week our baby looks like a thinner, redder, more wrinkled version of what he will look like at birth, but in the next few weeks more fat will fill out his appearance.  The baby's immune system is continuing to mature as are our baby's lungs which are still practicing breathing amniotic fluid.
So next week I start my third trimester.  This pregnancy has deff been different from Ian's.  I have had all the natural symptoms and more.  I really feel pregnant this time.  Also it took longer for my belly to pop with this one.  I could of hid my pregnancy for a long time if I wanted to.  Now in all my glory my stomach is out there in everything I wear.

I am getting nervous about the Hospital stay.  With Ian I was sent from my Ob to the Labor and Delivery.  And 9 short hours later he was born.  With him it was a stressful labor.  I did have an epidural towards the very end because the pain was just to much for me.  They had me on oxygen and fluids the whole time.  Which they said was normal for everyone.  But see I was only suppose to push for 2 hours.  Ian's nose was having a hard time passing my pelvic bone so my doc decided to try the vacuum method.  We tried 3 times and it kept releasing from his head.  I did have to get cut to allow for more room for him to come out.  Which sucked!!!!!!  The doc was re-thinking about sending me for an emergency c-section, and by the time he had decided he wanted to, it was to late.  Ian would of been with out air for WAY to long.  We were pushing it when he decided to have me push for 3 hours.  Once Ian was born I didn't event get to see him.  He was so white he blended in with the towel.  He wasn't breathing and they had to intebate him.  He was in the NICU for 8 days.  Had a blood transfusion, and tons of meds.  He had Marconi-um.  Which is where they swallow their poop, and it causes a really bad infection.  He is absolutely fine now....

This is the part that scares me.  The actual pushing.  Because if I don't get this little one out in time, we do not want this to happen again.  So my Husband and I have been talking about just having a c-section.  I do not want it, but might have to just to be safe.

I have another check up next week, and we are discussing what my options and what my outcome of those options will be.  I will keep you all updated.  Please keep your prayers with us...

Some of the weird symptoms I have been having are CRAZY nightmares.  These are so realistic is makes me wake up crying.  I am not going to get into detail but just so you know.  They are pretty bad. My husband thinks its just me being over reactive.  But I keep telling him I hope you have one of the nightmares I have had, and then we will see if I am just being over reactive.  He laughs at me, but comforts me to.
He is very good through all the pregnancy symptoms.  He is dealing well...





No comments:

Post a Comment